The Orthogonian

Barrels and barrels of monkeys. Send an e-mail.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Adieu, and take thy praise with thee to Krispy Kreme

Liberals like to squawk about Pres. Bush's mild dyslexia. Why is it that I find listening to Sen. John Kerry even funnier. Now, I took a grammar, spelling and punctuation test in college, but I think I still know when it's ok to bend or break the rules. Not Sen. Kerry, though.

Maureen Dowd quoted as the prim Sen. droned thusly: "Who among us doesn't like NASCAR?"

This is not exactly the way to lure Southern voters, or even Northern voters who haven't gone to Yale. Believe me, my Philly cousins don't talk like that. Who among us uses the phrase "who among us?" One NASCAR fan took offense at the weirdly-phrased quote. Among his suggestions to the Democratic contender:


And, heck, if Senator Kerry wants to talk about the economy, he could probably pick up some good NASCAR-flavored sound bites, like "We need more parity in our economy" or "It's time to take the restrictor plates off our economy" or "You can't race without trading a little paint."

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2004 at 10:57 AM, Blogger Jason said...

How 'bout that chap Jeffrey Gordon? He's one heck of an automobile racer.

 
At June 30, 2004 at 2:46 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Considering how much flak I've taken for my penchant for verbosity, Kerry's phrasing doesn't bother me at all - when I read the quotes. When I hear him say it, I laugh.

To answer his question: None of us likes NASCAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares