The Orthogonian

Barrels and barrels of monkeys. Send an e-mail.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Persistently disregardless

So often, when Mike Tyson speaks, my jaw drops. Imagine my delight when I checked out the New York Times this morning and discovered a Tyson profile. The following quotes are the highlights:

"Don't rob me of my hate, It's all I have left.''
"When I had money, I was an animal."
"I was so belligerent, I was so cantankerous, so persistently disregardless. I wasn't that nice of a person. Just because you buy mansions and cars doesn't mean you know what money is worth."
"My life has been a total waste.''
"Life's lessons are priceless. There isn't enough money to purchase the lessons I've learned."
(that's a funny statement considering Tyson is about $23 million in the hole after making $400 million in his career)
"I miss the Louvre. I was there three days. I still haven't seen everything!"

Nothing like Tyson's own self-hate to make you feel good about yourself.

1 Comments:

At June 24, 2004 at 12:32 AM, Blogger Dave said...

[To Lennox Lewis:]

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares