The Orthogonian

Barrels and barrels of monkeys. Send an e-mail.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Slow hand

Friend David Sessions has created a new blog featuring comments on music contemporary and old. Right now, Listening Sessions features a muse about one of Nashville's most Rhinestone of cowboys, Conway Twitty. Says Dave: "That scratchy, cigarette-coated voice, that over-the-top, staccato phrasing, that white man's afro."

Of course when I was younger and addicted to Sunny 95 FM, I loved Conway. Besides the obvious hits like "Slow Hand" and "Tight Fitting Jeans," my favorite song was "Hello Darlin'." For years I was convinced the opening lines to that song were:


Hello Darlin'
Nice to see you
It's been a long time
You're just as ugly as you used to be

Would have been better that way, I think. Just in case someone was looking for one, a Conway Twitty message board. Let me know how it is.

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2004 at 8:05 AM, Blogger Caffeine and Irony said...

Gary, you're right. I've always thought Conway's pronunciation on "Every-thing I do-o is be-cause o-of you..." is the funniest pronunciation in all of country music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares