The Orthogonian

Barrels and barrels of monkeys. Send an e-mail.

Monday, June 14, 2004

Brain addled

It's been so long since I've been to Six Flags (Arlington), I hardly remembered how much the Texas Giant hurts. Some rides scare you. The Giant traumatizes riders and leaves them like a boxer who spent a round or two with George Foreman. If you raise your hands, the side of the car pounds into your side like a kidney punch.

On my most recent trip, a team of eighth graders and I rode it about five or six times in a row. By the end, I felt they should hand out gauze and Motrin as you exited the cars. Anyway, some FWST writer also waxed on about Six Flags. Here 'tis.

2 Comments:

At June 14, 2004 at 11:35 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I remember riding the Giant when it first opened, before they added the brake on the second hill. It beat my arm so badly that I thought I had broken it, and it hurt the rest of the day at Six Flags. Naturally, I rode it a couple more times that day.

A couple of years later, at an employee function, I rode it 14 times in a row, two rows from the back, without getting off. When I finally had enough, I stepped onto the platform and couldn't walk straight. My sense of balance didn't return for about five minutes.

Great stuff.

 
At June 15, 2004 at 1:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I saw your link through a friend's webpage and decided to check it out. I'm glad I did, I thought your post about Six Flags was great! I recently went to Six Flags on Friday and had a similiar experience and posted it on my website! I'm glad there are others out there that feel similiar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares