The Orthogonian

Barrels and barrels of monkeys. Send an e-mail.

Friday, September 24, 2004

A Picture Share!

I didn't know what Charles Haley was doing with his life after the NFL until last night. Sure I knew the former Superbowl DE was living in the area -- I'd seen him at a Subway last year (he ordered the footlong Itallian BMT on honey oat). But last night, I discovered Haley is an assistant coach for the Episcopal School of Dallas.

This brings my count of seeing former Pro Bowlers live out retirement on the sidelines with a high school team up to two. Two years ago in Birmingham, I was walking past a kicker in preseason at a large public high school. He asked his coach something: "Coach Del Greco...?" Yep. Him too.

A Picture from my PCS Vision Camera

2 Comments:

At September 25, 2004 at 1:21 PM, Blogger Jason said...

And Don Beebe's a coach at Evangel Christian.

I think this is the fad for retired NFLers now. They feel like they owe something to kids and Jesus and they go be an assistant coach at a parochial school.

 
At October 5, 2004 at 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to comment on Beebe. Also Doug Williams was a HS co-retch before returing to Gramble-ing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares