The Orthogonian

Barrels and barrels of monkeys. Send an e-mail.

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Satire and me

I'm having trouble figuring what satire really means. I know the dictionary definition: a literary work made to point out folly with irony, derision or wit. Or, a heck of a way to make a point.

I also did a Google News search for satire. Michael Moore topped the list. That brings me to a question of how Moore uses our word of the day – like a defense. When someone goes hard on Moore for factual discrepancies, he claims he's just a satirist. (Something like winning an immunity challenge). That's option No. 1 from Moore's playbook. Option No. 2 is to toss around libel charges.

Apparently this satire thing is better than I thought. I can enter the political fray, endorse and stump with a candidate and get rich off my political rants. And all these without tough questions about silly things like accuracy, because I'm a satirist. Sounds a pretty-pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares